Sunday, April 9, 2023

A Different Kind of Easter


Happy Easter! Or as Sylvester Cottontail says: Hoppy Easter!

Kind of a different Easter this year since we already celebrated yesterday. Jim went to his church last night and I sang with the choir at mine this morning. No special Easter basket deliveries – unless you count the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and jelly beans I delivered to myself on Friday!

Instead our eggs looked like this...



Oh yes. With all the rain delays for The Masters, I was able to go to the driving range at TriCity with my friend Marigene while Jim golfed with some buddies. 

I figured I should be smart and warm up to the season. He's been swinging at an indoor simulator for the past month or so, so he was ready for real time golfing. Walking 9 holes with his new knees. All early reports indicate he did OK and his knees are feeling OK. Monday will be telling.


Meanwhile, we were getting Masters ready. Well Masters of the neighborhood anyway. We happened to be next to one of the Assumption golf players on the driving range and he was getting some coaching. I eavesdropped and actually found myself hitting some pretty sweet drives. Will I remember his advice when I step up to my first tee? I hope so. 

Head down. Slow down. Let the hips do the work.

When I got home I bonded with Mr. Deck Chair for a little bit before watching the final hours of The Masters – because I could! I mean, it was 69 degrees. Whoot!


I can't believe my family Up North only has patches of grass and we're here saying goodbye to our last little piles of white stuff. I feel bad for them, but the SKOL Man, Mr. Deck Chair and I love, love, love it! 

Of course, I got a little jealous when Carter called with Easter greetings tonight and it was 80 degrees out in the N.C. Wow. I'd say I need to get out there, but they're coming this way in a few weeks for a wedding he's standing up in. Don't tell Coach Austin, but I'm looking forward to that even more than baseball season starting this week!

For the record, I do thank the Easter Bunny for convincing Ol' Man Winter to take a leave of absence. Just keep hopping away, man.

Hope you had a blessed Easter with some-bunny special!

No comments: