Sunday, April 23, 2023

Earth, Wind, and Choir


Earth Day weekend wouldn't be complete without cookies, would it? I'll get to that.

For Earth Day, uhm Saturday, hubby and I carpooled. To the grocery stores together – too many people! And later onto Rudolph church for the guitar choir. By default, I got to sing with them and then enjoy a bit of musical social time afterward.


With the legendary Roy Fuller of the Roy Fuller Band, no less. Love this guy! He is a total sweetheart. And we adore his sons – who were part of our crew in Madison last weekend, too.

Love this guy, too. But you already know that! 💜

After some fun at the fabulous St. Philip's Welcome Center, we headed over to District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point for a birthday party for one of Jim's classmates. They're all turning 60 this "school year" so there's been a few parties.


I don't know if we caught everybody, but there were at least a dozen classmates there to celebrate Link's birthday. Live music, too, so it was a fun night. Got home at the stroke of midnight so you know it was good time!

This morning I sang in my own church choir then headed to Point with my neighbor Ziggy (at least when we golf, we're Ziggy and Zaggy since we hit the ball in opposite directions). She had some lawn and garden-type perusing to do at Lowe's, etc. Then it was off to the Library Cafe at The Inn at SentryWorld. Delicious coffee and yes, those Earth Day cookies to go.

Full disclosure. I ate both of them and didn't share with Jim. I did sort of work them off during a very windy walk, where I discovered both litter I need to clean up...


(They still make Keystone?!) And buds on trees and in our yard just waiting for the OK to move forward.



Based on the long-range forecast, we'll dip to freezing temps the next 3 nights at least. Sorry, Buds. 

Be careful out there!

No comments: