Friday, April 21, 2023

Spring Sports Weather

On the one hand, it was great to finally have spring sports resume today after several weather delays and cancellations this week. On the other hand... B-R-R-R!

Yes, I would say 45-degree temps only draw out the die hard fans and maybe one fair-weather photographer.

Does heat rise? Nope. I was on the roof of Witter Field and it was not any warmer. Not even by the stadium lights. Darn.


Still, I managed to get a little softball action in. See how cold they look?


We were leading 3-1 in the 3rd inning I think when I had to head to baseball to deliver Jim some warm mittens. I was just stepping away from softball when it started to rain anyway. The girls ended up splitting the double-header versus Auburndale.


Baseball was a tough battle. Our boys were struggling and the weather didn't help. Getting hit by pitches doesn't feel good either I'm sure.


There was a precipitation mix happening. My camera didn't like it. So I left after the first game, which we lost 8-1. And the second game was an even bigger margin of victory for Auburndale. Hopefully next week the weather is warmer and our bats are hotter.

Let's keep working hard, Royals!


You'll get 'em next time!

No comments: