Monday, April 3, 2023

Let's Go, Sports

My camera is out of hibernation! After being pretty schizophrenic the past week, Mother Nature did us a solid today and let the Royals spring sports season get underway. 

At least two sports anyway. Since track was an indoor affair up at UW-Stevens Point, I went to the girls soccer game at Washington Field – which is always cooler and windier than at home. But still, it wasn't as uncomfortable for 50-some degrees as one would think.

Of course the wind also meant we commenced Spring Sports Hair season as well. I'll get through it!

The game was great. Our girls were up 4-0 when I left at halftime. They ended up shutting out Adams-Friendship 8-0. After losing some key seniors, that's the good season starter they needed. I would've loved to have stayed for the whole game but my back is not ready to stand a solid 90 minutes yet. I'll get there. Hopefully for baseball or softball or both next week!

For now, a few highlights...


Kendall shooting one of her 5 (yes, 5!) goals on the night.


I couldn't handle how aggressive you need to be to play well. That and the 40-minute halves with NO break! Bless these girls and their stamina. I hope they have an amazing season like last year – and a return trip to state! Not sure when I'll get to another game once the ball starts rolling (literally) at the diamond.

Let's go, spring sports!

No comments: