Saturday, April 1, 2023

Well Played, Mother Nature

Honestly, if I hadn't witnessed it myself, I would have been skeptical of anyone here saying we had a winter storm overnight. April Fool's Day, anyone?


But here were our wake-up views on Blue Jay Drive.


Mr. Deck Chair saying "I did not come out of hibernation for this!"

Then 8 hours later...

Crazy, right? But we'll certainly take it. I really didn't need to shovel this morning. Part of me was being nice and the other part was just getting some exercise.

But we literally were in meltdown mode all day so that works, too!

Didn't have anything firm on our agenda. So I did get a little decluttering work started on my Scrap Cave. Instead of buying new storage bins for new crafty things – like Cricut vinyl – I decided to get rid of current stuff I don't use and make room fo it. It was a good start. Catch me at a weak spring cleaning moment and this happens sometimes.

To celebrate – not really – we got shrimp pizza from Two Lakes (which just opened for the season) and watched Final Four hoops action. The pizza was delicious and the second half of the first game proved to be close and interesting. Now onto the second game – with full bellies and perhaps a living room window cracked open for fresh, spring air.

We're not going down without a fight, Mother Nature!


No comments: