Saturday, February 10, 2024

Family of the Month

OK, we didn't win a family award. Today was our monthly family game day-dinner at my oldest sister's house in Siren. 

We all can't make it every month, but we had Mom and 7 of the 8 R's there today. The 8th R was just landing after a warm vacay, so she was excused.

Jim and I couldn't believe that we traveled 4 hours NORTH and still didn't find winter. Obviously no ice fishing going on.


Lots of folks out enjoying another spring-like day.

Shared the road with three such vehicles between Neillsville and Osseo. Since it wasn't quite as spring-y as previous days this week, I was happy to be inside our heated vehicle!


Our hostess Rayna said we could dress for whatever occasion we wanted – red for Valentine's Day (or Super Bowl colors) and Mardi Gras colors. Since she's actually been to Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, she greeted us with her colorful self!


I tried on the Jester's hat and determined it had too much green for this purple and yellow loving gal.


After a delicious lunch, we tried our hand at Mexican Train Dominoes. Now the last time Mom and I played this was probably 10 years ago when Rayna and Paul lived in Texas. The others hadn't played it before at all. Took a bit to remember but I managed to win one round and Mom won two in a row. And one time she just had one tile left – to represent her 8 R's, I say.


"Mom, teach me your winning ways!"


Got to see my twin today, too, so that was a bonus, as always. Oh I see I'm wearing beads here. Trust me, I did nothing ontoward to earn them!


Here's the gang with Mom somewhat squeezed into the picture.

And just us kiddos. Jim and brother-in-law Rick were the plus-ones of the day. So fun!

We wanted half of our drive to be in daylight so we left late afternoon and got home at 7:30 p.m. That gives us time to rest up for church and the Super Bowl tomorrow (in that order).

Hope you're enjoying a good weekend and are blessed to have a family as amazing as mine!


No comments: