Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Spring It On!


Spring is in the air and I'll give you 4 hints how I can tell.

1. Last night the girls basketball playoff season began and our Lady Royals cruised to a Regional Round 1 win over Port Edwards, 70-8. Not a typo. Keep it rolling, girls.

2. We had near-record temps in Wisconsin today. 55 degrees in Rapids. Just what we needed to finally get that ice from last week off the roads. Yay!

3. I have to get my spring colors on. And by that, I mean hair...

Don't you love SnapChat filters? I would love to have wrinkles gone and look that glamorous.

Still, I love what my hair artist did in real life! She's got the magic touch!

4. I'm packing – as the top photo illustrates. Two trips actually. This weekend is my scrapbooking weekend at the Lions Camp in Rosholt. I'll leave for that at 8 a.m. Friday. Then, when I get home Sunday afternoon, I'll switch suitcases and head to the Madison airport where I'll be going somewhere where the "spring" temps will look like this next week...


I'll give you a clue: Not in the Midwest! It just happens that my oldest sister is cat sitting for a few weeks... in Florida! So she just happens to have a spare room. And the direct flights from Madison to Fort Myers just happen to be a screaming deal. I could not pass this up!

Thankfully this warmer weather is helping me to think spring. But trying on "summer" clothes is making me think I should've been starving myself – at least since New Year's. 

Oh well, I think scrapbooking with friends, followed by sunshine and a few fun activities will put all that right out of my mind.

Spring it on!

No comments: