Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Oh Our Hearts!



I was so looking forward to our boating and shelling adventure today that I didn't expect anything to dampen my mood.

Until I got an early text from hubby that our princess wasn't doing well. At all. Releasing blood, lethargic, and seemingly in pain.

Our poor baby girl!

Jim got her to the vet right away. And sadly,  she didn't come home. 


I still picture this little princess moving into our home more than 19 years ago and making it her castle. Oh Princess Poops-A-Lot, Princess Pukes-A-Lot, who we loved a lot, it was a pleasure being your loyal servants!

Both Carter and I feel horrible we're a thousand-plus miles away and can't be there for her favorite human!

It's going to feel pretty empty when I go back home. For being a non-cat person, I certainly shed my share of tears today. I'm sure we all did.

I did manage to enjoy my dolphin watching and shell-collecting but she wasn't far from my mind when I found this intact "heart shell" as I call it.

Rest in peace, princess.  I'll miss our girls' nights, but I know Hairball Heaven will have a nice heated bed for you and your secret favorite - mint ice cream!

❤️


No comments: