Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Will History Repeat Itself?


This popped up on my Facebook memories today. Three years ago today was the Super Bowl between the Chiefs and the Bucs. I liked the scrappy young Patrick Mahomes so really wanted him to entertain me on his way to victory.

Final score: Tampa Bay 31, Kansas City 9

What will this year's matchup bring? I'm a closet Swiftie – even though I don't know single song on her Grammy awarding-winning album – so I'll probably lean toward the Chiefs. Plus, I loved last year's match-up when the Kelce brothers were up against each other. Their mom was so sweet. It endeared me to them both.

But likely this year, bottom line, I'll cheer for what "numbers" may or may not match the score each quarter. In fact, it wasn't until yesterday on my way to work that I realized it's Super Bowl weekend and I better get my "investment board" ready for my office mates. 

So yep, there'll be a few reasons to watch. But I do have plenty of DVR'd Hallmark movies as a backup plan. Plus, they're releasing non-Christmas new ones every weekend.

You could say I've already won.


No comments: