Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Long-Distance Twins Territory

One of the draws to traveling to the Fort Meyers area -- besides some sunshine and sister time -- is that it is the home of spring training for my Minnesota Twins.

Made sure I got tickets for the three of us and they graciously cheered for my team! 


Lee Health sports complex is pretty cool. Decent size for crowd of 5,000-plus today. Lots were Orioles fans, but most were OK. Ha.


View behind home plate.


View from our seats. Just up 8 rows up from the visiting dugout. Not a bad View. Could see everything. 

Per usual,  spring training involves a lot of players trying to prove their worth. There were a few regulars, though.


Lopez got the start. They "tested" a lot of pitchers today!


Kepler at bat! 


Despite the fact Baltimore was kicking our butts, T.C. was keeping fans engaged!


Down by 10, we thought we had a rally late in the game when Rucker hit a homerun. We didn't quite rally.


Ended up losing by 9, but who cares? Watching baseball outside, in 83-degree temps, in February, while NOT in the office is a win for me!

Plus the day was bookended by morning pool time and late-day coconut shrimp. And it was cold and snowy at home.

Did I mention I'm winning? 

My time here is going too fast, though. Hope y'all are finding a spot of sunshine in your lives this week!



No comments: