Thursday, February 8, 2024

Lofty, Lightning, and Ladies


It was a stressful work day but glorious weather day today. Like I've previously stated this week, I'll grab the gorgeous sunset pictures when I can. It helped slow down my stress rate on the way home.

And then I discovered our record high, yes lofty Mother Nature goals, for Wisconsin Rapids. We were the warmest in our local news' viewing area. Wow. Too bad I was stuck in the office all day. But just thinking how close we are to 60 degrees BEFORE Super Bowl weekend is unheard of.

Then, when I went to my monthly Girls Night Out, it really felt like spring. As much as I was concentrating on my favorite Jennings burger – the Pineapple Express – I couldn't ignore the flashing lights out the window behind me.

Turns out we had a major thunderstorm and lightning happening! How spring is that?

I learned later there were tornado warnings in Wisconsin this evening as well. What a crazy middle-of-the-winter spring season. 

Now we all know we can attribute it to a psychotic episode by Mother Nature. Because come Saturday, the highs will just be above zero. 

At least I had the lofty temps this week, the lightning show tonight, and a great time catching up with my ladies! You can't take that away from me, Mother Nature!

No comments: