Sunday, March 24, 2024

It's a Fine Line

For as much as I watched the weather this weekend, I wasn't quite prepared for this return to winter. I guess I should've paid attention to that fine line (circled in red) where we live and where it magically divides between 1-3 inches and 3-6 inches.

I'm guessing we're on the north side of it!

Our first surprise was waking up to snow. We were concentrating on the actual 1 p.m. start of the storm advisory. But like those magic lines on the map, weather isn't always an exact science. So our morning plans changed. 

I had planned to go since at 9:30 church then book it home so Carter could borrow my car to drive down to a funeral / wake in Dubuque. Since it was already snowing, I stayed home and he hit the road by 8 a.m. so he could try to stay ahead of it. Thankfully he did and made it down there OK. And he'll just drive back up tomorrow after work. (Yay for remote jobs!)


As the afternoon went on, the snow wasn't accumulating a ton but icicles were forming – never a good sign.


And most of the time the snow was blowing sideways. Uff da. I can't imagine what my family up north – in that hot pink 10-15 inches bubble – is dealing with. We have spring break here in Wisconsin Rapids this week but I'm sure schools are closing everywhere!

The last look down the road before it got dark. Not that the visibility was super anyway.

The only good thing about being housebound for the day was that I had time to clean off my desk in my office, make a cheesy chicken dip in the crockpot, and price dozens of garage sale items. 

Oh and maybe watch a little basketball – despite my crumbling bracket.

Hope you stayed safe and are careful out there tomorrow! I'll let you know which side of that fine line we fell on.

No comments: