Monday, March 11, 2024

Spring Chickens

While I'm no spring chicken, I do find more pep in my step when the temperature rises. Yesterday I took a little walk, but the temp wasn't quite there yet. The "I'm going to get some sun AND steps" temp. Just too windy for that.

After work today, though, I was like "Yes, this is more like it!" And while the chickens around the corner were loving the all-you-can-eat buffet of green grass, we were all clucking a bit.

I feel like Mildred here (name changed to protect the innocent) is my spirit animal. Heavy on top with skinny legs but not afraid to strut her stuff – no matter who's watching. Slow your roll, Milly. I just got started trying to get some walks in. I'll crow when I'm ready to strut.

Tomorrow is going to be even nicer. We may set a record here. But I'll be back in the office so that's not going to matter much. I will be racing home though – not for Mr. Deck Chair or the Chicks – but to see our boy and likely help unload the U-Haul. 

We're expecting it to roll down Blue Jay Drive after 10 p.m. tonight. The kids are enroute from Carolina and they'll park here (just them, not the U-haul) for a bit before heading on their next adventure (a.k.a. lease) somewhere. No ideas yet.

For now it seems we're all running around like a chicken with his head cut off. 

Not to alarm my new chick friends down the road. Just keep moving! 

And I'll try to do the same.

Enjoy spring while we have it!

No comments: