Sunday, March 3, 2024

Spring is Marching In


Just a few days out of February and it seems like March is marching in to the tune of spring! For the second day in a row, Wisconsin Rapids set a record for high temperature. It was 72 and sunny here this afternoon, but there was another factor...

It was super windy! Like enough to create a "wind chill" or a feeling of not quite 72 degrees. I still got a few things cleaned up in the garage (just a few) and mopped the kitchen and dining room floor so the wind could air dry it quickly through the two open doors!

It certainly did!

Obviously this nice weather won't last long, but at least it should stay above freezing for this week anyway. And we have no place to go anyway. Winter sports are officially done as of last night and spring sports won't have any outdoor competitions scheduled for a month.

I don't mind the down time, but we really hoped the girls would've pulled off the sectional championship yesterday. We rode a fan bus down to Hartford and we took on another Royal Blue team – Albany-Monticello. Very close game throughout. Tied with 10 seconds to go, a layup by the other team put them up by 2 and they ended up winning, 47-45. Dang. What a great season, though! 

I suppose with my "free time" I should start getting rid of clutter in the house. Because that super fun, doesn't it?

I did actually price one box of books for the upcoming garage sale at Carter's former babysitter's in April. Lots more to sort through and price. Not my favorite pastime. But I did catch up on The Voice from last week while I was doing it. Hopefully my multi-tasking didn't make me put $50 on a book instead of 50 cents! (Audrey: If they ask, we'll take less!)

Alright, I am stepping away from the computer. I have my back to reality alarm-setting and waking and working tomorrow and after being off for 10 days. How do people do this?!

Breathe in some fresh air. And let's have a great week!


No comments: