Thursday, March 28, 2024

This Bud's for You

After the end of what seems to be a series of stressful work days, I got home, picked up the boy and headed back to Point. We had "technical" stops to make at Best Buy and Spectrum. We pondered stopping at some car lots but decided to wait a few weeks. So naturally, our next stop was B-Dubs.

A couple of things we learned. Of course it would be crowded because March Madness games resumed tonight. Thankfully, we beat the first tip-off time.

Secondly, we learned that on Thursdays, they have Buy One, Get One deals on wings so Carter was basically a free date! We also beat the BOGO crowd, too. Just by minutes! There was a line out the door.


Since one of our meals was free, he convinced me to try the Fried Pickles appetizer. Not bad. I liked them – even with the honey mustard dipping sauce which was OK for this anti-mustard chick. Of course, 2 hours later I'm still burping up the pickle taste. I KNOW you wanted to know that!


Since we were living in BOGO Land, we both got 10 boneless wings. Here's my review... I had 5 of them as the limited-time-only Honey Sriracha. I'll tell you it had a pleasant taste but it was not really spicy in anyway. I was surprised by that since I add Sriracha to many a thing – being the Spice Girl that I am. My other 5 were Thai Curry. Jim and I both love these. Great flavor with quite a kick!

Needless to say, I had to save a a few of those for hubby. We both were full anyway so for this time, no room to stop at King Cone! Dang. I gotta learn to think things through.


In addition to hoops, opening day of baseball (Twins won today, by the way), field hockey, NBA and NHL, I suddenly saw the legendary Vikings coach Bud Grant up on one of their 187 or so screens. I think it might have been an outdoors show focusing on his deer hunting exploits. Still, it was a pleasant surprise for 2 lifelong Vikings fans. 

We got home about an hour ago and I am still so full I can't breathe. Thank god we didn't get a side of those filling carrot sticks!

No comments: