Monday, July 9, 2007

And the votes are in ...

Well I caved to public pressure and gave Carter a Mohawk. Actually, I was just catering to the wishes of the voters ... who I thank so much for participating in the Democratic process!

I must confess, I cheated a bit. As soon as the electric clipper was in hand, I knew I wasn't going to give him a "real" Mohawk -- just something closely resembling one. And something I could easily cut down to the same length as the rest of his head if I needed to.

I was trimming the sides and part of the top when suddenly, the buzzer (as Carter calls it) quit buzzing his hair. It was broke (seriously!) leaving a 2-3 inch-wide path of hair down the middle of his head on top.

I assured Carter that all was not lost. We could still use gel and spike it up like a Mohawk. And we did. And he loved it! He had no qualms about venturing into the public eye.

The reviews were mixed. At Wal-Mart (where else) a woman came up to us and declared what a handsome boy I have. She asked Carter how many girls were chasing him and he responded, "Too many to count!" Apparently a Mohawk boosts the charm level.

The neighborhood girls had a different opinion. Madison from next door told Carter he looks "hideous!" Girls don't sugarcoat things these days.

Despite that, Carter still went into Kidz Camp today with the new do -- and all reports indicate they thought it was cool.

Tonight he asked me to buy a new buzzer, though. He says the shaved part is already starting to grow back! So what do you think? Should I shave it even shorter?

Just kidding. I know better than to ask YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carter is TOOOO cute! I like the mohawk, and I think it looks much better than a "shaved to the head" mohawk! Nice job Barber Mom!

Anonymous said...

Nice hair Carter. I agree with how it turned out. Not too short on the sides. It really could take a long time to grow back. Brave Mama.
R#8