Monday, July 2, 2007

A hair-raising question

For some reason, Carter has been begging for a Mohawk this summer. And I can't emphasize the word "begging" enough.

When I ask him why, he just says it will look cool. Last night I reminded him that yes, it would look cool to the kids at Kidz Camp from 8 to 5, but what about when you go other places like the store or church?

He still thinks it would look awesome. So I asked him if i should take a poll on my blog. He said sure, I could ask people: "Should Carter have a Mohawk so he looks cool this summer? Or should he keep his same boring hair?"

What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cousin Travis says: "Give the poor kid a mohawk". Bet your not surprised at that answer!

Anonymous said...

He's old enough to understand consequences, so if you explain what could happen (people laughing, people pointing, etc) and he's OK with it... let him go for it! Also, that if he does not like it, his hair will be cut very short for awhile, maybe not grown out before school starts. Just remember, he could have asked to have his nose pierced. R#1

Anonymous said...

Go for it Carter !! Don't forget the tattoo to go with it

Anonymous said...

Go for it Carter !! Don't forget the tattoo to go with it

Anonymous said...

If he's going to do it, now is the time...rather than during the school year.

I hope he is ready to put sunscreen on his head too, and other precautions bald people have to take. A good sunburn or two might change his mind about mohawks for years.

If he goes through with it, I hope you can all enjoy it.

I guess that is a "yes" vote.

Uncle Ron

Anonymous said...

I am sorta mixed. A mohawk may be okay. I think they were more popular in the 80's. I guess when I see a kid in a store with a mohawk, I sorta "judge" them as a rebellious kid and sorta wonder about their parents. Boy, am I getting to be a fuddy duddy. I guess the choice is up to all of you. But, remember it can't be an easy fix if you don't like it. It will look different when you're trying to grow it back. If anything, DON'T let him have a tail!!!! Now, that is ugly. R#8

Anonymous said...

new pic of you! You look so mature.... was it taken on your 39-and-holding birthday!

Jules said...

I say let him go for it! Still plenty of time for him to grow it back before school starts. Jules