Thursday, August 2, 2007

Love at first ...

Don't tell Jim, but I've fallen in love while he's been out of town. And I'm not completely surprised by it, either.

A group of us girls at work have been talking about "him" for months. Karen met him first and fell in love. Then Jana met him and wanted him for herself, but Sandy beat her to the punch. It seems like it took forever to arrange a meeting, but it was well worth the wait.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon with him and I experienced firsthand what all the fuss is about. Yes, it was love at first vroom ...

Vroom? Oh, did I mention I was talking about a vacuum cleaner? His name is Dyson -- and I must have him!

Just to illustrate how pathetic my life is ... I took the afternoon off yesterday to "test drive" Karen's Dyson. She's got the animal control model and has been raving about its suction power. She was right. I think I sucked up 8 cats worth of cat hair yesterday.

As impressive as that is, it's also disgusting to think we were walking on what I thought was clean carpet. That darn cat! Since we're on speaking terms these days, I scolded her about shedding so much. But she offered no apology. Typical.

So I guess if we're going to keep her, I'll have to get me one of those incredibly high-priced Dysons. I'm sure I'm - I mean SHE's -- worth it!

No comments: