Monday, August 25, 2008

Lordy, Lordy, the Temperature is 40!

While we were sleeping last night, Jack Frost sneaked into the neighborhood, and the temps dipped down to 40! It was bad enough we practically had to wait until May Day for the snow to melt. Now Autumn is creeping in and (gasp!) we're still wearing white!

Contrary to the belief that cool temperatures make "good sleeping weather," I just couldn't sleep last night. The culprit: ABBA.

I went to see the movie Mamma Mia yesterday afternoon and "Dancing Queen" has been dancing through my head ever since!

I actually ended up going to the movie by myself, something I'd never done before. But when I found out it was still playing, I had about 15 minutes to get ready -- and that is clearly not enough time to convince, coerce, bribe hubby to go with me. In the end, I was fine with that. I would definitely classify this one as a "chick flick." So girls, go see it! You'll love it, I promise!

So back to this "sleeping weather." I am wondering if I was singing "Take a Chance on Me" or something in my sleep because hubby was up, showered and out the door before my alarm went off! I guess I better pop in a different CD on the way home tonight. I hear it's going to be chilly again and I intend to take advantage of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ya Dancing Queen!! Your twin sister, Lene and her almost 14 year old daughter and me ( the ol' girl from the 70's) went to see Mama Mia the first week it came out, 3 weeks ago I think. I had seen previews of Meryl Streep dancing and Pierce Bronson singing so Just knew I had to see it, two older people so energized, not knowing it was a full blown musical and Abba songs. That's how "not withit" I am. Anyway, I loved it, and loved that Meryl and Pierce actually did their own singing - I stayed in the theatre (almost the last one!) so I could see the credits, because I couldn't believe they actually sang. I wanted to go see it again, but could not convince Rick even tho he is a man and listens to ABBA!

Lene liked it, I thot Ashley would like it, but she wasn't too thrilled, and said when she saw the old guy's bare behind, "I will never be the same again!!!

Anyway, i think Abba will keep me company today while I work! Glad you got to see it. Love, Romey