Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Outtakes

Sometimes when I blog, it's a rush job and I forget to mention details I intended to include .. or things happen that just don't warrant their own post (usually that just means I don't have time to get on the computer, type and post). So as they say in the film business, here are few outtakes from the weekend that didn't make the original cut...

Zip Your Lips: While I was riding on the Zipper at the Scandy Corn Fest, I apparently was doing more than screaming. At one point, after quite a few consecutive flips, we were finally sitting upright when my friend's 10-year-old daughter says, "Robyn, can I swear, too? Just don't tell my mom." I said, "Oh, was I swearing? Whoops. Let's just scream instead."

Car Show: After I had already blogged (of course), hubby says we shouldn't make a big deal over getting a "new" vehicle. I had to laugh when, just a few hours later when we were giving his parents a ride to the races, Jim is pointing out various features to his dad. "Look what this button does! Check out this!'" It was cute.

Training Camp: Guess who reports to training camp today? Oh, I guess besides that Favre guy. Carter starts football practice tonight. To prepare, Daddy helped him get his mouth guard set and ran him through some drills yesterday. This week is only conditioning, but after tonight's practice in the nearly 90-degree heat, I don't think we'll say it's "only conditioning." I don't know who's more nervous -- me or Carter. Will report tonight or tomorrow on how that goes!

No comments: