Monday, September 27, 2010

Da Bears

I realize 99% of Wisconsin is probably watching that football game tonight. In fact, based on my history, you probably think I'm cheering for da Bears. I might be, but I must admit I had to cheer for Aaron Rodgers for the first hour... just until he scored enough points for me to beat Carter in Fantasy Football! Oh yeah, he's goin' down!

I do have da Bears on my mind for another reason. Well, a different kind of bear -- we think.

After the rains, we discovered some footprints in the sand and mud in a path between our backyard and the next-door neighbor's. The way the footprints are pointed, the animal (with a 4-inch claw or so!) was headed from their backyard to ours!
What do you think it is? I took pictures of 2 of the paw prints that seemed the most visible (though I admit they don't seem as clear on camera).

I am not an outdoors-woman so I am not 100% sure, but they do remind me of those "bear claws" they make in the bakery! Trust me, I'd rather have that glazed treat than meet this guy out by the fire pit!

The good news is it -- whatever it is -- might scare the squirrels away.

But then what would my hubby Jethro do? That poor Red Ryder BB gun would just collect dust in the corner. Along with a few other things.

No comments: