Sunday, September 5, 2010

Early Birds

There's some truth to the old saying "The early bird gets the worm." What does the late bird get? Behind, that's what.

Today just got started late and went too fast. It's always a bad sign when Carter and I go to late church (10:30 a.m.) because our schedule is going to be late (or later) than we like the rest of the day.

After church we had 3 stops -- Bath & Body Works (sale), Wal-Mart (get groceries to make chili) and gas station (petrol and Powerball).

Got home and I mixed up the chili so that could go in the crock pot all afternoon. I also tried to help Carter with some homework (tried not to be too helpful), then did some of my own (proofing pages for work).

Since it was sunny out and hubby had already mowed the back yard, I said I'd do what was left of the front. Then I could get sunshine and steps on my pedometer. That worked out fine. No running today, just walking and pushing.

When supper was almost ready, I baked some cornbread to go with the chili then put a Hornet's Nest Cake in the oven for a potluck tomorrow. Before I knew it, it's Sunday evening and I did not really get anything done I had planned on. Definitely didn't get any work done in the Scrap Cave. Just spent the last hour looking through old blogs, trying to get my 2009 timeline down for my pages.

Now, 4 girls stopped by and kidnapped Carter for a game of Ghosts in the Graveyard. I was wondering if they played it the way we used to when I was a kid and my older sisters and cousins would scare the wits of me! I think, judging by the continuous screaming I'm hearing in the neighborhood, they must still follow the same rules!

I'm kind of jealous. Oh well, we all have our different ideas of fun these days. Mine involves pictures and papers. Carter's involves ghosts and girls.

I think he wins.

No comments: