Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor-less Day

While I do appreciate those who worked today to keep things going, I appreciated even more hearing the storm sirens early this morning, then being free to turn over and snuggle deep underneath my blankets until the hail was done. That was nice.

The weather was cool all day and the rains were off and on -- and on again now I hear out the computer room window. That's OK. Most of our day was planned for indoor fun.

Some friends of ours were involved in a fantasy football draft at Jammers Bar & Grill in town. Since they had already paid for the Beer & BBQ deal, they needed people to come help eat, drink and be merry. That wasn't too hard. I brought my Hornet's Nest Cake (and gave out the recipe a few times) and we enjoyed some laughs, good food and good company. Some obnoxious moments, too, but mostly good.

Got home in the late afternoon and we were too full to think about supper so I figured I better get a run in. The rain let up just enough for me to go. I wore a hat just in case I got caught in it a few miles from home. It was a good run, though. Did 4 miles without walking and managed to outrun those darn mosquitoes -- who showed up in droves as soon as I got home and stopped movin'. They are just awful around here!

Spent the evening down in the Scrap Cave getting my pictures and pages in order. Made some good progress. My sister-in-law Sherry stopped by so I took a break and am not motivated to go back down now and resume the organization fun. I've plenty more evenings!

I keep forgetting this is Monday and I'll have to hit the ground running (not literally this time) on Tuesday. This is going to be a crazy busy week. So I'm glad I labored as little as possible today -- and all weekend for that matter.

Hope you did the same!

No comments: