Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rematch or Repeat (or Both?)

Tonight's the night everyone in The Big Easy has been waiting for ... a rematch of the NFC Championship game that they hope will be a repeat. Those of us wearing purple and yellow, obviously, hope for the opposite. We'll just have to see.

Honestly, I have been so wrapped up in the Twins and their good fortune of late, that I haven't given football much thought... yet. But, still, knowing a good portion of my readers prefer green with their gold, not purple, I figured I better blog before kickoff tonight.

I even got the call into my parents taken care of so my dad, the disgruntled ex-Favre fan, doesn't have to stay up late just to call me and rub anything in. All he said about the game was: "They're going to murder #4 tonight!" Well, maybe. I told him the old man would probably get injured tonight and be out the rest of the season. We'll see.

No, the Austin household is still reluctant -- even after a stellar season in 2009 -- to cheer for that former Packer. We have kept the Lions clothes in the closet (for now) and our Purple Pride remains intact. We will just do our best to support the team as a whole and not think who may or may not be "leading" it.

We have reasonable expectations, too, that we'll probably be lucky to go 9-7 this year. It's hard to repeat a good year -- unless we're talking about something more important, like marriage. That's pretty cool when the good years keep stacking up! (And I'm not just sayin' that 'cause I got flowers today.)

Though they'll be nice to look at tomorrow in case I'm in a bad mood!

No comments: