Sunday, September 12, 2010

Definitely a Day of Rest

I had no idea how this ol' bag of bones was going to feel this morning after my race yesterday. I was very relieved that I didn't feel too bad at all. Slightly sore in the lower back and my legs were tired, but not sore. Guess I will have to do it again, after all.

Still earmarked this as a day of rest, though (as Sundays should be). Slept in a bit, took Carter to Sunday School, went grocery shopping and was home by noon. Jim went up to Marshfield to watch Colin race one last time. Carter and I stayed home so he could do a school project and practice the Baritone. (But mainly to check Fantasy Football scores, I'm sure.) And I really, really needed to make headway on prep for my upcoming scrapping retreat.

It was a glorious, cloudless day, though, so I couldn't stay cooped up in the Scrap Cave forever. Took a leisurely 2-mile walk just to stretch my legs out good -- and mainly to get sunshine!

Later, had a nice visit with Carter's former babysitters and with a girlfriend who stopped by. Now I need to refocus and head back down to the Cave. I am sort of on roll so I better get back to it. This is going to be a busy week so who knows how much time I'll get to plan/prep/pack.

(Good thing I'm "resting" today!)

No comments: