Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good Fortune

My fortune cookie at lunch today said I'd be "awarded with a great honor." I was thinking what could be a greater honor than Queen of the Crop? I mean seriously, there's something more coming my way?

My first hope was that it would be the honor of being mother of the game-winning goalie. But the poor Royals got slaughtered by that undefeated Marshfield team this afternoon. Not worth talking about since Carter is a bit down about it and convinced he's going to be replaced. (I doubt it.)

My next hope was that when I got home that I would have an enjoyable run in this pleasant weather! That didn't exactly happen either. It was a rough one. Way too much Chinese food at lunch. There will never be an MSG 5K, trust me.

Later, I figured it out. No, it wasn't the honor of having the remote, whole couch and entire house to myself for the Season Two premiere of GLEE (though that sounds great, doesn't it?!)

No, it was when I went out to the garage and successfully changed the windshield wipers on the car. I guess between headlights and wipers, I am still the Gearhead of the house. I am honored.

Now where's the cake and ice cream?

No comments: