Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Got a Massage!

There's a reason I don't always voice my goals and ambitions out loud. Because then, well, people know about them. And, gosh, I might have to actually follow through!

Apparently I have been talking too much about writing lately or the need for a laptop. I was just sitting at our computer cleaning off some email a few minutes ago when Carter pokes his head in the door and asks: "How's your blog coming?"

I hadn't started it and wasn't thinking about it just yet, thank you, blog police. "I haven't done it yet, Carter. What should I write about?" I ask.

"I don't know," he says. "I don't know how your day went."

Oh we don't want to talk about my day, I told him. My work days have been way too stressful lately and I don't want to be a big whiner and complainer. "I gotta keep it light," I said and then recalled that I did have something good and positive happen to me today -- I got a half-hour chair massage at work.

"Well there you go," says Carter. "There's your headline!"

So there is my headline.

Actually, it wasn't the only good thing that happened. First, I was fortunate to wake up at 3:15 a.m. and notice the clocks were blinking! Apparently the storms going on when I went to bed were pretty wicked. It would have been quite the stressful morning if Carter and I woke up to a blinking alarm clock -- and no alarm! Crisis averted.

The chair massage might still edge that out for the best part of the day. Each week, a masseuse comes in to work and offers the 15-minute massages for $10. If you haven't had a chair massage, it's just a basic massage not involving oils or the removal of any clothing. You sit on the special chair and they work on your neck, back and arms. It feels pretty darn good. I was feeling so beat up today that I signed up right away for 30 minutes. Well worth it! Why haven't I done this before?? And what's to stop me from doing it more often? Nothing.

Perhaps if I say my GOAL is to have a weekly massage, one of my loving supporters in this house will hold me accountable!

If I'm lucky, you may see this headline again :)

No comments: