Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

It has been raining for about 12 hours straight now -- and I need it to keep on moving through! My bags are almost packed and I am hitting the road shortly for Wild Women's Weekend XII!

This year, my 6 sisters and I will be staying in Lake City, Minn., on the shores of Lake Pepin. It's a beautiful area -- when it's not raining! There are pretty bluffs and fall colors to see, too -- when it's not raining! We have planned to take a boat tour around the lake to see the beautiful scenery and maybe an eagle or two -- if it's not raining!

Today is our "travel day" so it is fine for now, but it would be nice to have a little sunshine on Friday and Saturday. I'd take cloudy and warm at this point, too! Oh well, we always have fun no matter what we're doing so I shouldn't let the weather dampen my spirits (just my clothes).

My first stop today actually will be on the way. I am visiting an old friend of mine from Luther Point Bible Camp. Julie and I were counselors the summers of 1987 and 1988. I said old, didn't I? Anyway, she lives in Mondovi -- a town I would never just happen to be in or near. So this one time, since I am going through, we're getting together. It will be an awesome way to kick off a girls' weekend!

Better go finish packing... Diet Coke - check... extra jacket - check... camera - check... red licorice - you bet! I'm outta here!

No comments: