Sunday, September 19, 2010

Queen of the Crop

You know what they say about the best-laid plans.... Sometimes they work out!

I am back from an incredibly productive scrapbooking weekend. All my pre-planning and organizing and packing, etc., paid off!

My friend Jenny picked me up late Friday morning and we headed to Stevens Point. The retreat was held at the Ramada. We were set up in the expo center area and our "snack room" -- yes, a whole room -- was located poolside. It was a bit of a walk away, which was good, because I never made a special trip there (despite my need for steps), only went at meal time.

We arrived earlier than most on Friday so we were on a roll by the afternoon and evening. I was very pleased to get 17 pages done in my 2009 album. We did not stay in the hotel so Jenny dropped me off Friday night around 10 and I drove on Saturday.

I picked her up by 8 a.m. and we had another busy day. The event organizers promised a weekend free of interruptions and they did not disappoint. Meal times were our only "scheduled" breaks but a person could come and go as they pleased.

On Saturday evening, they had some raffles and they took a current page count (how many pages you'd completed so far). By some strange coincidence, both Jenny and I had 38 done. I guess we were on the same pace and didn't realize it. And apparently it was a quicker pace than most because we got the "Queen of the Crop" award. We had to share the honor but I got the t-shirt (since she was crowned last year, too, and already has one).

So I get home after 11 p.m. and my youngest loyal subject is already in bed and the oldest loyal subject is next door enjoying adult beverages. As queen, I was going to order "off with their heads!" but my manservant came through with a back rub later so he gets a reprieve.

Today was a tough morning to get up and get going. Had about 5 hours of sleep but we both really wanted to get back up to Point and make some more progress. The scrap retreat actually went until 3 but we had planned to be out of there by 1 so Jenny could get home to her kids (and her husband could go out hunting). I was 5 pages away from finishing 2009 when we left!

This time, I wisely kept going. Jenny dropped me off and I went straight to the Scrap Cave to finish it off! I did it! I got 55 pages done this weekend and I have finished my 15th scrapbook!!

Feel free to bow to me (or I'll take high-fives, too)!

No comments: