Thursday, February 20, 2014

Changing Course


I sometimes wonder if weather forecasters resort to using the infamous "Weather Rock" to make their predictions. Today I almost think they HAD to just to keep up.

Remember the lovely graphic I shared last night that scared us into working from home and altering other plans today? While we were sleeping, that changed.

A lot.

Instead of sitting here tonight, tired from shoveling and snowblowing, we just have wet shoes from the rain. Up North, though, in my family's neck of the woods, I don't think their snowblowers can keep up. With the storm changing course, they are in the pretty dark blue 10"-15" band and Rapids is looking at a trace to 2".

Of course, that is subject to change. Again.

What I did enjoy about working from home today anyway was my lunchtime workout on the treadmill timed perfectly to see the women's figure skating finals LIVE. Do I still need to use a "spoiler alert" or only if we medal? I'll just say you won't be happy with how women's hockey or figure skating ended today.

I also was able to load up the CRV while it was still light out. Now, all I have to throw in there are my clothes, pillow and some food items. Then I can hit the road to camp tomorrow.

But when?

Even though our Weather Rock is only WET right now, it allegedly will turn WHITE while we are sleeping. And then continue through the morning in the that condition. Now this is messing with my serious schedule. Not liking it.

I don't think my mother is ready to return home from Texas next week to deal with any of this by herself. Thankfully, my sister and brother-in-law decided today they will keep Mom on a few weeks longer.

At least until the Weather Rock is DRY and casting a shadow!


No comments: