Friday, February 28, 2014

Long Live The King

Nothing was going to spoil this day. Not the record lows this morning that eventually warmed up just enough to give us 3-5 inches of snow for the commute home. And not that lovely slippery, low visibility drive.

Today was Opening Day for the King Cone season and nothing was going to mar its marvelous-ness.

Despite the treacherous roads, I made it there for a post-work stop.


The small cup of Caramel Cashew Whirlpool was worth it! (Like I would doubt it.)

In fact, it carried me through our sad evening of basketball playoff action where our boys lost to the undefeated Port Edwards team by less than 10 points. Packed house. Lots of excitement. And some tears in the end.

Carter was working tonight so he missed the game. We got him home and enjoyed a few hours of adult fun at the home of some friends. Now I am just waiting for my blanket to warm up. Between the record lows, the wind and new snow and yes, the ice cream too, it may take a while to feel the heat.

King Cone still rules, though. And it's worth the sacrifice.

Won't you join me next time?


No comments: