Sunday, February 2, 2014

XLVIII (Xtra Lame Viewing !!!)


Some of us football fans watched the Big Game today not necessarily caring who won it, but hoping for a good game -- with end-of-quarter scores matching our numbers on our pools.

I've always liked Peyton Manning and hoped he'd put on a good show. But that did not happen.

Instead, I had to watch former Viking Percy Harvin have a stellar game and our reject QB T-Jack get to play a series in the end of the game. Both walk away with a Super Bowl ring. Sad to admit, but good thing they left Minnesota, I guess.

I was also a winner. We went to our annual Super Bowl party at a friend's and I won $20 after that oddly scored first quarter. The rest of the time, I just endured an almost boring blowout football game and few notable commercials.

We stuck it out to the end, though, just in case Lady Luck had anything else in store for us.

No more money but she did get us home safely AND my wonderful son already had my electric mattress pad turned on and heating up my bed when we got here.

Where's MY trophy? I feel like a winner!




No comments: