Thursday, February 27, 2014

High Five

Oh, you meant it was a high of five degrees today? I was hoping you wanted a high five!

Believe me, the first day it is above freezing, I'll be high-five-ing everybody. Whether they want it or not. By then, hopefully in the next month sometime, we may all be hugging each other out of pure desperation turned jubilation!

OK, enough about the weather. I won't mention the fact it was 60-some degrees warmer in Vegas than here. I will not begrudge hubby his time there since I know he has few available moments to enjoy the warmth. And know that I will be there in 3 weeks and I, too, will see little of the outside of the hotel and convention center except on the way to and from the airport.

Still, if I could squeeze in an hour at the pool... I would be the only one since 70 degrees is too cool for most folks. That's 82 degrees warmer than here -- right now. Sounds HOT, doesn't it??

I do have a legitimate reason for high fives tonight. We just had our wrap-up meeting for Empty Bowls, which raised more than $3,300 to give to anti-hunger causes in the South Wood County area. Great work, team! Feel so blessed to have been a part of it -- long meetings and all. We're definitely encouraged for more growth next year.

And I am, of course, reminded that while I am selfishly complaining about the cold, many are suffering from hunger AND the cold.

My belly's full. My mattress pad is on. I've got it good.

Thanks be to God.


No comments: