Monday, February 17, 2014

Raise Your Hand


Absolutely love this image! And I am raising both hands!

The weather forecasters were right about today. The winter storm warning was accurate with its prediction of 4-7 inches of snow. I know we hit the 4-inch mark. Just not sure how much beyond it we went in Rapids anyway.

Sure was nice not to have to go anywhere today! Thanks to the Presidents' Day holiday, I stayed put and had a busy day.

Figured as long as I was home, I might as well force myself to watch the Ice Dancing finals -- LIVE for a change. It was a real sacrifice to plop down on the couch and cheer on the 3 USA teams. When I realized it was going to be hours before the final group skated, I streamed it on my computer awhile while getting my scrapping stuff together, then watched on the TV in the basement for 45 minutes while I walked on the treadmill. Even with the Olympics, I can multi-task!

I was glad I got to see it. Won't say anything more for those of you viewing the tape delay at home.

When the snow really started coming down in the afternoon, they started calling off school and community events for the evening. They postponed the Assumption boys basketball game and will lump it with the girls' game tomorrow night for a double-header.

Knowing I really wasn't going to leave the house ALL day, I plowed forward with getting my "scrap" ready for camp. And I did! All set to go... except for clothes and food and stuff. But the hard part is behind me. Hurray for extra days off!

I also had time for a good phone conversation with my mom, who has been enjoying winter at my sister's in Texas. Apparently it was too hot there today -- about 90 degrees. I said, "Geez, Mom, why don't you tell me all about it!" She usually catches my sarcasm but that went over her head.

And I raised my hands higher!

Seriously, I am quite grateful that Mom hasn't had to deal with the Arctic temps and snow, snow, snow! It's been nice for us kids not to have to worry about her alone in her house out in the country. Now we just have to worry if she'll wear out her welcome down South after beating everyone on the block in cards. She promised to teach me the new game after she returns at the end of the month. I told her to take her time getting back. "Winter will still be here."

Sadly, it will be here for much longer.

And I bet it won't take her long to put down her deck of cards and raise her hands, too.



No comments: