Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lucky 13 ... Degrees, That Is

It's deceiving when the sun is shining so brightly and reflecting off the snow, almost blinding you. You think it's going to be beautiful day to step outside and smell the fresh air. Until you inhale and your lungs freeze up!

We did get up to a sunny 13 degrees today.


We're not the only ones tired of winter. Sylvester is reaching for every ray of sunshine possible in this photo! Can't blame her. She was quite disoriented and depressed when it was cloudy yesterday.

Now I hear Polar Vortex IV or V or VI (lost count) is on its way with minus 20 tonight and windchills 25 to 35 below zero tomorrow.

I suppose this is all the perfect setting to watch the Olympics, right? I did catch some action after I got home from church, but vowed I was not going to do that ALL day. I took a few hours "off" to get on the treadmill, lose to hubby in cards and to organize photos, etc., for scrap camp. I actually got quite a bit done, but have a long way to go. It's better to be over-prepared with a lot of potential pages to work on than run out of things to do.

For the record, that only happened once and it was a good thing since it forced me to organize my colored paper. (There's always a rainbow of some sort at the end of a scrapping weekend!)

Now that I've actually been more than productive, it's time to pop some popcorn and find an empty couch for today's highlights!


No comments: