Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Is..


When I got a Peanuts-themed Valentine from hubby today, I was reminded of the many little "Love is..." quotes and Snoopy cards I saw as a child. So here are my random thoughts on LOVE today...



Love is... Chocolate! C'mon, you can't deny that! Put these signs up at work, leading to my desk, and sold 40 of the 60 candy bars in the box on the first day!

Love is... Finding out that King Cone is re-opening already on Feb. 28! Be still my beating heart (and taste buds)!


Love is... Putting your love at "steak." Apparently in Texas the Valentine treats don't go straight to the hips, but to the calves instead!

Love is... Live streaming video. While I blog, I can watch one my "daughters" play hoops without traveling all the way to Wausau for the big rivalry game. Go Royals!


Love is... Above zero temperatures! Woke up to non-sub-zero temps for the first time in months. It actually got up to 22 degrees today and started a little melting. Even our driveway is showing the love on Valentine's Day. I just noticed the "heart" when I got out of the car and had to take a picture! I'm wondering if Ol' Man Winter has the HOTS (let's hope) for Mother Nature.

Love is... Date nights. Carter had to work, so Jim and I went to grab some good, greasy bar food for supper. Never had a bad meal at Sportsmen's Bar & Grill. And never had a bad date with Jim, of course. That goes without saying.

Love is... Sweet as candy. I asked Carter this morning if he was giving any valentines today. He said he had some candy but "nothing major." Knew who was getting one of the valentines but as of 7 a.m. when I was off to work, he wasn't sure who was getting the other 3. Lucky girls. I remember when I was his valentine!


Love is... God. And God is LOVE. Feeling so loved today and so very blessed to have an incredibly special group of friends and family in my life. Love and hugs to you all!

XOXO






No comments: