Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sa-weeeet!

You know what's sweet? Sugar!! And other things...

Like winning the first round of playoffs for boys basketball! Carter played Pep Band tonight and hubby and I went to watch him and the game, of course. For this first regional matchup we played Northland Lutheran. I'm always torn when we play the Lutherans.

Not really. But is sounds virtuous to support my denomination, right?

I cheered for our Royals as always -- and they needed it to pull away for the victory. Which they did, big time! Now it's off to Round 2 on Friday night. Haven't heard who our opponent will be. (By the way, our girls claimed the conference championship over the weekend, so it's a fun time to be a Royals fan.)

You know what else is sweet? Mint chocolate!


I had to pen a Dear John letter today...

Dear Shamrock Shake: Sorry, but you've been replaced in my heart (and tummy) by the Arby's Mint Chocolate Swirl Shake this year. No hard feelings, right?

They are soooo good. And they really need a label that says: "Enjoy in Moderation." (Not that I would necessarily listen.)

You know what else is sweet? Sugar! (And I mean it this time).

Occasionally, when people want to get rid of extra food (like Halloween candy) they set it on the tables in the breakroom at work. Today, I just could not walk by when I spotted an old childhood favorite.

Pixie Stix!!!

I was joking that I could give up caffeine and just replace it with a sugar rush. But after having a "stick," I am here to tell you I could not handle that switch. Uff da. Pure sugar. And somewhat tart. Wow. How did I down these as a kid??


And no. I have no plans to give up caffeine. Ever. Especially not with sugar. I will also attempt to enjoy in moderation!

You know what's NOT sweet? Our Winter!!

Another Polar Vortex on the way (I lost count) and the local news station had this to report tonight: Approaching the record for number of subzero days in Wausau. Through February 25th we have had 51 days with subzero temperatures in Wausau. The record number for November through March is a tie at 53 days from the winters of 1947-48 and 1958-59. It looks like we will break it quite easily by the weekend.

Please, Mr. Weatherman, I would like to enjoy winter in moderation, too.

That would be sa-weeet!



No comments: