Friday, February 7, 2014

Let the Games Begin...

Once every two years I allow myself to be a serious couch potato for a few weeks. I confess I am an Olympic junkie!

If you are from my generation, you have special memories of the international competition and the pride we felt as Americans watching the "Miracle on Ice" in the winter games of 1980. Remember speedster Eric Heiden? And let's not forget summer stars like Mary Lou Retton and Carl Lewis.

Go team USA!!


Actually, my favorite team after Team Austin is Team USA! Of course, I always applaud politely for Sweden and Norway in case they are relatives!!

Tonight I went over to my friend Becky's to have dinner, scrapbook and catch up on life. After eating and catching up a bit and discussing our upcoming Camp Crop-A-Lot plans (just two weeks away!), we scrapped the plan to scrap tonight and watched the opening ceremonies instead.

Well done, Russia. Not a fan of the Americans' ugly sweater contest, but maybe I have no fashion sense.

Some qualifying competition already started yesterday so things are a bit out of order. All I know is that if I want to catch any of tomorrow's action LIVE, I better sleep fast and be on that couch 3 hours from now.

Not gonna happen. I may be a fan, but I will take tape delay AND sleep in most instances.

Let the games begin... Or continue... Or whatever.

USA! USA! USA!


No comments: