Monday, February 24, 2014

Closing Ceremonies

Kind of sad that both Olympics and the Camp Crop-A-Lympics have drawn to a close. Enjoyed both immensely!

Weekend went quite quickly -- as it tends to do. Always think I'm going to get more done but am always happy with the progress. This year I got 50 pages done and, as I told hubby, that's 50 more than I would have done at home!


Got Carter's non-school recreation sports album DONE -- from T-ball and whole lotta youth soccer to last summer's three baseball teams. Yay! Started in on Carter's 10th-grade pages (above) and am now finished with Kindergarten through the AHS 2013 Christmas program! Can I get a "Heck, yeah!"


Since I set aside work on the chronological family albums to get school caught up last year, I had to backtrack to start the 2012 album. Had some fun trying to re-create an Angry Birds scene for Carter's 14th-birthday page.

And Mary Poppins' page wouldn't be complete without her umbrella and a cityscape with some chim-chim-eneys!


My friend Julie left yesterday and I stuck around for another night. Went to bed by midnight for a change last night and had 48 pages done for the weekend. Woke up this morning and decided it would be embarrassing to leave without getting up to an even 50. So I whipped together some wild life up above.

Then I headed to work. (sad face)

The office was only 16 miles away so that was a short commute. Had a quick, busy afternoon and am looking forward to my own bed and 8 hours of sleep tonight. May end up dreaming about scrapbooking since there is always something to document for our memory banks...

Carter kicked some brass today at Solo and Ensembles with two starred firsts! This means his first trip to state for that. I think I am more excited than he is. But he did not turn down a celebratory slice or two of pizza at Polito's!

Now it's homework for the rock star and laundry for me... and maybe the couch and the new season of The Voice -- depends what hubby has in mind.

(He probably can't wait to just page through my scrapbooks!)




No comments: