Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Raking It In


After most of us in Wisconsin went jacket-less today in 40+ degree weather, it's hard to fathom this is a picture of our next 24 hours.

But it is.

I've seen many people preparing by stocking up at the store (Wal-Mart was a zoo tonight) and removing what snow they could from their driveways and roofs. It dawned on me today that only in the Midwest do we rake grass in the spring, sand traps in the summer, leaves in the fall and snow in the winter!

God bless the inventor of the roof rake!

Hubby did his share of that this winter since the weather has not been warm enough to melt our many inches of snow away. So we're good with that. Got some food. Got my work home with me so I can stay in the home office. And have the Olympics on since I can stay up until 10 o'clock tonight -- way past my bedtime -- and sleep in a bit tomorrow.

By then, the only thing left to rake will be the millions of dollars I win on the Powerball tonight. I will let you know if I need a hand. But I think I got this.

And I'll be sending you a postcard from someplace warm by the weekend!

If not sooner.



No comments: