Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Check Out Time


If I "check out" of the work week on Wednesday during a normal week, this week takes it to a new level.

Today was my Friday.

On a positive note, it means my sister weekend commences tomorrow. On a stressful note, it means all my work for the rest of the real work week had to be done by the end of the day today.

So, yeah, it was a bit crazy today. Stayed nearly an hour late at work and then had several errands to run getting this here and that there. Just things for the weekend. My sister Romey and I are in charge of breakfast this year. We rotate that duty so only have to do it once every 3 or 4 years. I picked up or made everything I think we'll need.

And more.

You know how that goes!! I had honestly hoped to get to kickboxing tonight because all my "tick panels" came back negative and I am physically feeling better. Plus, it would be a good preemptive strike knowing I am going to be eating my way through the weekend. Or at least making some not-so-healthy choices. But I didn't get time for that so hopefully I can get out in the morning for some movement.

Tonight I got a few things packed in the car and had goals to do so much more, but then I got an important phone call. My world comes to a halt when I hear that Eminem ringtone. I would not trade a 40-minute conversation with my baby for anything! Everything else will just have to wait until morning.

Then I check out of Blue Jay Drive and head north to an undisclosed location for undisclosed fun!


No comments: