Saturday, September 10, 2016

Walk in the Park


It was a beautiful day for a walk in the park. Well, not really.

Woke to rain, rain and more rain. But since I had wanted to get to one more cross country meet this season, I grabbed my umbrella and headed to Stevens Point. The meet was actually at Standing Rock Park, which is south of Point and just east of Plover.

Got there before the first race at 9 a.m. Have to walk a good 10-minute walk from the parking lot to the park, through wet grass which I am sure mimicked the slippery conditions of the course. Only needed umbrella for the first hour, then got a break with one race I didn't need to cheer anyone on or take pictures, so I walked the umbrella back to the car.

Why yes, I do have well over 10,000 steps today. Thanks for asking.

I did take lots of pictures but also ran into a half-dozen former co-workers from Iola, so I got some nice catching-up visiting done, too. To top it off, our Assumption boys team took second among small schools. So they have won 2 meets and taken a second. They are having another great year. It's fun to see them doing well again!

After the meet, I headed home via the Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice Latte Drive-Thru in Plover. That did not disappoint.

Jim was golfing this afternoon (in the rain part of the time) so I just ran errands and worked on random projects at home – completing none. I did report to my important job, though.

Yup, I get to "Buddy-sit" this weekend. Our neighbors are at a wedding so I get to walk my furry boyfriend, feed him and rub his belly. So Buddy and I got out late this afternoon for a walk and I will head back over there in a few hours for a nightcap.

Or maybe he and I will take a walk in the moonlight and follow it up with a Hallmark movie. After all my walking around today, I could use some snuggle time in a soft chair!



No comments: