Friday, September 9, 2016

What You See Is What You Likely Will Get


The clouds almost looked fake this morning. Almost like an artist painted them in the sky with a little texture here and there.


Definitely layered so there wasn't a chance the sun was going to peek through. Looked like we were in for a rainy day. And that was mostly the case.

On a positive note, the only thing that the rain prevented me from doing was walking or running outside. I did manage a good walk in the building at work. The rain also did not prevent the Kiwanis Club from grilling out and selling cheeseburgers in our parking lot at noon. Those magical 10x10 pop-up tents are amazing. And the rain did not prevent us from enjoying a high school football game.

As luck would have it, the rain put itself on pause in the late afternoon and early evening. Assumption was playing at home versus Gilman at 7 p.m. I was armed with a rain coat and a personal-sized (read: super small) polka-dot umbrella in case those ominous clouds followed through on their threat of rain.

They did.

But not until the 3rd quarter. How considerate! We wanted to stay put. After being down a touchdown, we were ahead and extending our lead by then. The rain did require umbrellas to open but really wasn't too bad. Mostly a steady sprinkle for some 15 minutes or so. Not enough to send too many fans home. And definitely not enough to slow down the Royals, who ended up winning 59-32.

You read that right!

Good thing I am not completely a fair-weather fan. Then I could join in the post-game celebration at a friend's and know I deserved to be there!

I'm hoping the forecast for tomorrow is not another "what you see is what you'll get" situation since it looks like more rain. I'd love to keep my Royal pride and dedication alive, but me and my flat, damp hair can't make any promises.



No comments: