Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September Showers Bring "Mom" Flowers


While I have been shedding my own showers of tears lately, Mother Nature had her share today. Not that she's done yet, but I had to snap a photo of Carter's old parking spot before it got too dark to see it.

Now you know why we built the driveway "up" so none of us would have to park in the pond (or ice pond in winter).

The rain is welcomed. Actually been dry around here. Of course, I didn't notice until I hadn't watered that clearance pot of flowers I got a few weeks ago. Just watered them Friday finally so you can thank me for the rain.

Only if it helps flowers or crops or cleans your car. Don't thank me or blame me if it floods.

Even before the rain showers started, I got a floral treat today...

No one was more surprised than me going to the front desk and seeing flowers with a big "Thank You" balloon. "Thank you?" I said. "Who would be thanking me?" Then I saw the card that said "Mom," and well, you know there were water works to rival Mother Nature's.

I texted Jim and said, "I know you were probably behind this, but Carter wrote his own note." And it was quite a lengthy one. The kind every mother dreams of getting at some point in their lives. Naturally, I re-read it about once an hour. And yes, water works each time. For someone who struggles with writing essays, he sure expresses his love and gratitude eloquently.

Feeling so blessed!!

Jim and I sent him a video message this morning and were pleasantly surprised he was already up. On. His. Own. So that was Carter's accomplishment for the day. He also found all of his classes and they mainly went through the syllabus for each. No homework so far! Ha.

Guess we'll each take what gifts the day offers and treasure them.



No comments: