Sunday, December 4, 2016

A Sticky Situation


Those 3 words that can mean so much... No. Not "I love you," but rather "Winter Weather Advisory."

It amuses me because living in the Midwest, isn't every day between now and May "winter weather"?

To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention to the weather. Just wanted to get to family Christmas and back. Never even looked at the forecast for today. Did not know I would wake up to a winter wonderland. Granted, it IS December so I shouldn't be surprised.

What did surprise me was how slippery it was to drive in and how much we got. Probably got the 3 inches they predicted but it seemed like a lot more. If you measured by weight, a LOT more.

Went out to shovel the driveway because I wanted the privilege of being the first to do so on our smooth new driveway. Well that privilege got old real fast. The snow was so wet, so sticky, so heavy. Uff da. I got quite the workout.


Of course, the timing of this weather wasn't that ideal after all. Sure we were done traveling for Christmas but Carter still had to get back to Platteville today. The plan was that he was riding back with the girl who gave him a ride up on Friday. However, due to the weather, she changed her mind at the last minute and said she planned to wait until tomorrow instead. I can't blame her but Carter did need to get back.

Besides homework and papers due in classes tomorrow, he had his official induction tonight into the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity. Yup, we got a frat boy on our hands. Actually, after 8 weeks of meetings and volunteering and fun, no doubt, he's pretty excited about it and proud. Too bad they couldn't have wrapped this up on a dry, sunny day!

Needless to say, since I am not the confident winter driver, Jim took Carter down to Platteville and just got home. God bless him! Between our trip to Minnesota and back and now this, he has spent 14-plus hours of his weekend driving.

He definitely deserves some recliner time!


I myself managed to break in my recliner today and watched 2 of the Hallmark movies I'd DRV'd. Still quite a few in the queue for those other "winter weather" days!



No comments: