Monday, December 26, 2016

Monday Accomplished



Today was the day one half of the population goes to Wal-Mart to get the Christmas item clearance deals (I know because I was one of them) and the other half sleeps in because they are on vacation from school or work (I know because I was one of them, too).

To be clear, though, I took the advice to sit back and relax and actually slept in past 8:30 a.m. Oh, after the early morning Santa helper gigs, it felt sooooooo good!

Spent the morning working on a freelance project then gallivanting around town on errands this afternoon. This included a visit to a shut-in – OK, delivering a book to a book club member who is "shut in" with a scooter after ankle surgery – and included a stop at Wal-Mart for some yogurt... and $15 in half-price Christmas candy for the candy dish at work.

I was going to go for a walk outside since it was going to be warmer. But the wind was blowing so hard it knocked the windchill down to the teens – and knocked out power in some places. B-r-r-r! So that was crossed off the "to do" list and switched over to "not required."

Since hubby made turkey noodle soup with our leftover turkey from yesterday, I wasn't required to make supper either. Not that I do that all that often anyway. (Just being honest, even if Santa is taking the day off, too, and not watching!)

This might sound like the day was all about me but for the record, I did not watch a single Hallmark movie. I did, however, get started on my next book club book. I was trying to do that while watching reruns of The Detour with hubby. I sense that my recliner is not made for that much multi-tasking!

So I'm going to bed early because I can. Plus setting an alarm for work tomorrow is on the "must do" list.

Sigh... I much prefer the "Day After Christmas Do Nothing" list, don't you?


No comments: