Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Trifle Minty


Today's holiday treat will bowl you over... well, trifle bowl you over anyway.

Made this for my family Christmas this weekend and, after last year's "tip over" road-trip disaster, I took a picture before we hit the road. Thanks to a tight fit between 2-liter bottles of pop and major bubble wrap, it arrived in Minnesota intact. But enough about the journey. Let's talk simple layers of yum...

This was a chocolate-peppermint concoction Рnot to be confused with the cr̬me de menthe variety of mint.

The chocolate layer consists of crumbled brownies I baked with Andes Peppermint Baking Chips mixed in.

The pink/red layer above that is cheesecake pudding, mixed with some eggnog and a few drops of red food coloring strictly for presentation purposes.

Next layer up is crushed Keebler Peppermint Stripe Cookies. Yes, they have the holiday version of their famous Fudge Stripe Cookies. I heard about them from my friend Brenda, who has me on her Holiday Hotline. Throw cookies into a gallon Ziploc, get out the rolling pin and take out your frustrations.

The white layer is simply a thin layer of regular Cool Whip to divide the colors. I have heard they do have Peppermint Cool Whip but I could not locate any. Without it, I think it was just minty enough. Not overwhelming.

Just a trifle minty.

Enjoy the photo because there are no leftovers!

No comments: