Monday, December 5, 2016

Coconut Countdown


After a few months of looking forward to our first tropical island getaway, I can't believe we are now saying, "Hey, we're going to Hawaii next week!"


Since work has been crazy busy lately I had to start the countdown on my whiteboard – just to keep my sanity. After this weekend's snow, I had to make my 8 out of a snowman. Then, swear to God, I learned it snowed in Hawaii today! Did I do that??

Apparently it does snow on mountain tops during the "winter" so hopefully our low-level beach (top photo) will remain sandy and not slushy.

We are staying on Maui. Yes, just the two of us. Carter has finals that week. Haha. No really, he does. And really, we probably wouldn't have invited him anyway. We had actually planned long ago to go with another couple and it didn't work out for them. We will miss them but I have a feeling already I will want to go back.

Tonight, since hubby and I were both finally home at the same time and not otherwise distracted, we made a few plans. We are scheduled to fly out next Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 7 a.m. and get back home Monday, Dec. 19, at 5 a.m. In between there, we just booked our whale watching excursion for Wednesday and our Road to Hana tour on Thursday. Getting excited!

And despite the snow today – here and there – the long-range forecast looks to be non-wintery... partly cloudy with temps in the low 80s. Perfect. Won't be too hot where we'll want to head for shelter or A/C. 

Might need an umbrella, but definitely not a shovel.

Aloha!

No comments: