Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Finals Week


Doesn't seem that long ago I was crying over my empty nest. Now, Carter has finished classes and his first semester of college is complete. He's cheering because his finals are done. I'm cheering because he'll be home for a month so the odds of me seeing him are finally in my favor.

This also means it's Finals Week when it comes to Christmas shopping (I think we're done) and meal planning (not even started). Of course, as Christmas draws near, it also means my daily German chocolate treat from my Advent calendar.

Or is used to mean that.

Here's a holiday tip for you kids: Even if you are fleeing the mainland, don't ever, ever leave your Advent calendar unattended. Especially at the office.

I knew I had catching up to do since I hadn't been in the office since the 12th. When I opened up #13, there was no chocolate... but there was a little note that said, "Sorry." Say what? When I opened up #14, there was no chocolate... but there was a little note that said, "Nope!" Now I knew I was pranked.

Opened the rest of the doors to more notes and no chocolate.


After a handwriting analysis from my CSI North Pole division, I identified the culprits – Jeff the Instigator and Cassie the Shenanigan-ator for Hire. Glad no one had to work too hard in my absence. They obviously had free time! Still brought in some coconut cookies to share with co-workers on both the Nice and the Naughty lists. And got back to the grind.

I guess I've passed the vacation baton to Carter, who took it eagerly.

He got home this evening and we both went (separately, of course) to the Assumption boys basketball game. Quite a night. The Royals had at least a 20-point lead early on in the game. Thank goodness after two, yes two, overtimes, they kept the victory in their hands! Good stuff.

Now I suppose I should catch up on sleep. Although it is "finals week," I am not pulling any all-nighters. It was bad enough when I signed on to a meeting at work today and the computer said, "The meeting will start in 23 hours and 59 minutes..."

What day is it? What time zone am I in?

I need that chocolate!






No comments: