Sunday, December 25, 2016

On The Nice List

Apparently Santa put us on the Nice List because we were rewarded with quite a good Christmas today! Not just my yummy purple (of course) ice cream ornament either.

Had all our "big boys" around the table for Christmas lunch today. I cooked a turkey and tried a new crock pot recipe for cheesy potatoes that worked out pretty swell. Casey, Clay and Clay's girlfriend arrived after noon, right around the same time as Tony, who trekked down from my twin's Up North this morning. He had the wintry mix you probably heard about, but all we've had here all day is rain, rain and rain. Actually enough to cause flooding in the area. This is not typical of Christmas in Wisconsin!



Having all the boys under the same roof two days in a row wasn't typical either. But I loved it. We did the usual meal, gifts and watching A Christmas Story and John Wayne. But it just felt good to all be together. I wish it wasn't so seldom. It's a gift when our 3 wise men (or wise guys?) are together.

Today was also special because it was Tony's birthday. I was so glad he got Up North a few days to be with his family and friends for the holiday. They've missed that privilege the last few years.


I didn't exactly make him a cake, more like a Christmas-Birthday dessert. I know he loves chocolate and peanut butter but I had to go with a Christmas chocolate-peppermint combo. Trust me, between his Santa Up North and his Santa down here, he got enough peanut butter treats! And yes, he did turn 28, but when I counted my candles I only had 27, figures, so we made a smiley face instead. I hope his wish still comes true!

I know mine did. Having family together is the greatest gift.

Watching a Hallmark Christmas movie in my new recliner ranks right up there, too! In fact, I've been so nice, I may just watch two.

Merry Christmas!


No comments: